On February 22, a modern ELEX electrostatic precipitator was put into operation at Topkinsky Cement Kiln No. 3, a subsidiary of АО «HC «Sibcem».
The solemn ceremony was attended by:
- Irina Pecherkina - Head of the Construction Department of the Kemerovo Region,
- Sergey Frolov - Head of the Topkinsky Municipal District,
- Yury Skvortsov - Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Kemerovo Region People's Deputies
- Anastasia Pankova - Chairman of the Committee on Agrarian Policy, Land Use and Ecology
- Konstantin Wenger - Chairman of the Committee on Industrial Policy, Housing and Communal Services and Property Relations
The event was also attended by the top management of the management company of the holding company Sibirsky Cement and the Topkinsky Cement Plant, employees and veterans of the company.
The electrostatic precipitator was launched by the first vice-president of the Holding Company Sibcem Gennady Rasskazov and the head of the construction department of the Kemerovo Region Irina Pecherkina.
Modernization of the electrostatic precipitator on the rotary kiln No. 3 of the Topkinsky cement plant is one of the most ambitious environmental projects of Sibirsky Cement. The third technological line for burning clinker at Topkinsky cement plant was commissioned in 1970. Instead of the time-worn gas cleaning system the efficient ELEX electrostatic precipitator was installed.